- This event has passed.
Employment Law Update
November 9, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 3:30 pm
Presented by experts in the employment field, the annual Employment Law Update is designed to assist employers to protect their business from possible labor or employment lawsuits. The event is coordinated in conjunction with The Woodlands Bar Association.
Who Should Attend:
- In-house Counsel
- Human Resources Professionals
- Certified Public Accountants
- Business Owners
- Professional Employer Organizations
- Staffing Professionals
- Personal Injury Lawyers Want You: Overtime Pay
- Navigating the Hiring Process: The Ins and Outs of Interviews, Background Checks and Employment Contracts
- 2018 Employment Contracts Update: Trade Secrets, Non-Competes and Confidentiality
- Independent Contractor or Employee? Not What You Expect.
- HR Mythbusters: What Every Manager Needs to Know
- Strategies for Managing FMLA, ADA, and Other Leave and Accommodation Issues
- Negotiate Like You Mean It
- Mediation/Arbitration/Alternative Dispute Resolution in Employment Disputes
- The Ever-Changing World of Health Welfare Benefits – What Employers Need to Know
- Creating a Culture of Civility in the Era of #MeToo
This course has been approved by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization for certification and recertification continuing legal education requirements for attorneys and legal assistants. Approved Hours: 6.75 (including .25 ethics) Specialty Field: Labor and Employment Law.
This course is also approved for 7 hours of HRCI credit.
To register, please CLICK HERE. Early registration cost is $150 for Woodlands Chamber members, $175 for non-members if you register by October 6, 2018. After October 6, the cost is $200 for chamber members and $225 for non-members. Students can register for $100.
For any questions about the event or sponsorship opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.